1) To Begin: The first player vertically holds all Pick Up Sticks touch in one hand making sure that one end of the sticks remains in with the playing area, the player quickly releases his/her hand and lets the sticks scatter.
2) The player proceeds to pick up the sticks, one by one. The only stick that is allowed to move is the one the player is trying to pick up. If any other stick moves, that player's turn is over, and play passes to the next player on the left.
3) The next player may continue to pick up the remaining sticks or choose to begin again, by gathering up all sticks, and once again letting them scatter in the playing area.
4) If a player is successful in picking up the Black stick (called the Master Stick), that player is permitted to use the Master Stick for removing other sticks. (For example, to separate two sticks that are lying close together, or to flick off one stick that is resting on another stick). No other stick may be used in this way.
5) If a player successfully picks up all sticks, that player begins again, and continues to play until he/she loses his/her turn.
6) Players are to agree in advance on how many points are required to win the game. (I.E.: 500 or 1000 points).
7) As each player finishes a turn, and up the points earned on the sticks successfully picked up. The first player to score the required points to win is declared the winner.
8) If a player picks up, in order, a red, blue and green stick, that player's score for those specific sticks doubles in point-value.
Number of Sticks
1 Black 25
7 Red 10
7 Blue 5
8 Green 2
7 Yellow 1
We appreciate your comments on Pickup Sticks
Please include your address with your correspondence to:
Pressman Toy Corp.
745 Joyce Kilmer Ave.
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Or E-mail us at: Custserv@Pressman-Toy.Com
Please include address and telephone number so we may further assist you.
Our Customer Service number is 1-800-800-0298.
Calls are accepted Monday through Friday from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm EST.
Made in China
Hit back to return to previous page